I know a woman. Her name is Paula. I have known her since I was in the 7th grade. When I first met her she was friends with my older brother. They would hang out together working on school projects and she even made a few appearances to our house for supper and a visit. Even though I was younger than her by five years, she still lit my fire.
Skip ahead to the 80’s and you will find that Paula and I had a chance meeting. It was completely unexpected for both of us and, even though it was brief, it would lead to our first date a few months later.
That first date took place in the month of September of 1985 and we would end up seeing each other every night after that until January, 10th of 1986. The next day, which happened to be January 11th, I watched as she walked down the aisle with her father. When they reached the front of the church he handed her over to me and we became a happily married couple.
Today it has been just over a month since we celebrated thirty two years together. As with any marriage that stands the test of time we have had our good times, bad times, and even times when we questioned why we were still together, but through it all we have remained a happily married couple as we promised each other on a cold day in 1986.
The reason I have taken the time to explain the success of our marriage is because she is the one to nominate me for this fantastic award along with the opportunity to spread my success on to other writers. It is an honor for me and I love my wife for including me.
First an explanation of the award.
The Liebster Award recognizes and celebrates bloggers, their content, skill, and contribution to the blogging community. The rules for accepting a nomination are:
Acknowledge the blogger who nominated your blog.
Answer the questions.
Nominate 11 bloggers to encourage them.
Ask them 11 questions.
Let them know you have nominated them.
Now on to my questions supplied to me by Paula, the person who nominated me for this award. What or Who got you started on your current path? … Our journey through life happens on multiple paths at the same time. I believe we are all “Spiritual Beings made of white light on a human journey”. My current path is a mix of Spirit and the mundane and I have had many mentors with both. The most important of the two would be my current Spiritual side which began with a reading from a very wise man who would become my Godfather. The “what” would be the lightning that happened thirty days later and became the reason for what I believe in.
- What’s number 1 on your bucket list and why? … That is an interesting question and the answer is an easy one. The number 1 thing on my Bucket List is to complete my Spiritual journey. That will consist of two major steps I must take on the path I began 17 years ago. Once those steps have been achieved I will be able to say #1 has been completed. There is a direct link from this answer to the answer for the first question.
- What’s your favorite thing to do in your free time? … Prospect and mine for gold, gemstones, and any other treasure of value. I was raised to love time spent in the wilderness and sustain myself on all levels while there. Today I feel most comfortable in a gold mining camp, in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by like minded people, all doing the same thing. Finding and getting gold.
- If you had 10 minutes with the leader of your country, what words of wisdom would you impart? … Wow only 10 minutes ? What I have to say to him would take more like 30 minutes but with 10 minutes in mind I would talk really fast. I would explain to him how taking cannabis and hemp off of the FDA schedule would be a God send to millions of people all over the country. I would continue on with my opinion of how wrong he is with some of his Twitter posts when it comes to Foreign Affairs and other sensitive subjects. I would quickly add how gutting the EPA is not a good idea and how some of the things they protect are important. I would end with a quick thank you for all the good he has created and how he keeps the American public in his best interest.
- Why did you start your blog? … I needed a place to put all of the things I like to write about in one place. I needed space to RANT, and last but not least I love the idea of people sharing stuff that other people have written or shared themselves.
- What is your favorite time period, i.e. 1800’s Wild West, Roman Empire, etc. and why? … This is an easy one due to my love of gold. There was a time in our past that saw the beginning of exploration of the west and the Great North. My favorite time period would be when gold was so plentiful that a person could walk around on a gravel bar by a river or small stream and pick up a gold nugget laying on top of the gravel and rocks. Sometime in the late 1700’s or early 1800’s.
- If I come visit, what local delicacy are we eating? … Since I live in the mountains and love to hunt my food you will be dining on a large variety of dishes from fresh trout caught in a local stream to deer jerky made from last years hunt. From squirrel and rabbit to groundhog and rattlesnake. If you have any sensitivities it might be best to call ahead.
- Are you majorly left-brain (rational) or right-brain (artistic)? Or maybe you’re both? … I am a little bit of both although my wife might tend to disagree. I have all of the “alphabet diseases” like ADD, ADHD, and even a few they haven’t figured out letters for. When I was a kid they didn’t have all those letters to describe a child’s behavior. When a child misbehaved they were punished. Today they are given a title and some narcotics so they fit in better.
- Do you have any phobias? … I guess after being dead three times about the only fear I have is the one I was born with. The fear of falling. We all have it and if you want to test yourself for it do this… Sit on a straight back chair and lean back on the rear legs. Find the spot where you are about to topple over backwards and go past it. Catch yourself just before falling backward. That knee jerk reaction of a fear of falling is one we are all born with.
- What area of your life needs work, or are you happy with everything? … The area of my life that needs a lot of work is my health problems. My back and neck are in pretty bad shape thanks to a life of driving truck and a couple catastrophic accidents. Recently I experienced a sudden, unexplained weight loss and I have been working on that with the hope that a good core will help my back.
- What’s your favorite snack? … I have one that is good for me and I have one that is in the junk food category. I love a fresh ripe tangerine or blood orange and it is a dead even tie between a Payday candy bar and a Snickers.
My 11 Nominations
- The Accidental Revolutionary
- Cristian Mihai
- Roxy Bentsen Faulkner
- Sweta Ojha
- Prospector Jack
- Body of a Sinner Mind of a Saint
- Curt Mekemson
- Anthony Martinelli
- Jon Rappoport
My 11 Questions
- If a Genie granted you 3 wishes, what would they be ?
- If you had your choice of countries to visit for an entire year where would you go ?
- Who is your favorite author and why ?
- Sight, hearing, smell, and speech… you have to give up one for a year. Which one do you pick ?
- Where in the world would you be if you were sitting on your favorite beach ?
- Dog, cat, bird, fish, other, multiple species, or no pets… which one do you pick ?
- You have invented a time machine. It only works in one direction. The past. What year are you going to set on the dial to travel to and why ?
- You have a choice for a new place to live. You have to pick one. Are you moving to the coast, the desert, the plains, or the mountains ?
- You just won $10,000,000. in the lottery. Who is the first person you share the big news with and why ?
- Do you know how to swim, and if the answer is no, do you plan to learn ?
- From one of my favorite movies… Red pill or Blue pill ?